Monday, 8 September 2014

Meet the Plan


Welcome to a dream!

I have always dreamed of being a farmer-I know I am not alone in this-and I know also that my idea of what is involved in farming is derived mainly from the last two decades of the Archers and from picture books I read as a child, and then read to my own children. And I know the picture I have in my head may not be entirely accurate.
In fact, I have lived most of my life in London, where, (other than a few tomatoes from the patio), food comes from shops. I rarely caught a glimpse of what lies on the other side of the packaging, and frankly, when I have taken the trouble to go and find out, I usually wish that I hadn't.
We moved to Hampshire in 2012, and we now have enough land for pigs and chickens.
This blog is linked to a crowdfunder project, if you would like to help with the cost of setting up the smallholding, in exchange for some of its produce please click here
If I manage to raise the money, then check back here to follow the progress of the whole thing.
If the Archers is anything to go by, I'm expecting things to get pretty exciting round here.

No comments:

Post a Comment